Family

Important Dates

  • Your date could be here.
  • June 14th, Brandon's Graduation from UW

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friends

It seems like all my life I have been searching for friends that I could call my own. I have had a few but it always seems that I always end up giving a lot more than I receive. I think I finally have friends that I can call my own. So maybe it just takes time for me to make friends-I will have lived here now for 9 years.

This realization came to me yesterday. One of my friends has hired me a house cleaner until Diego arrives. The house cleaner is another friend but I am just so amazed that this is happening to me. When Rosana was born the only support we got was from Mary who came and cooked us Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.

So the second realization is that I have always had family as friends but I finally have friends that I would consider family-not just because of the housecleaning but because they truly care about me and my family.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey!!!! I feel I have lots of friends and none of them have hired a housecleaner for ME!! If you would move to MT, we could take turn cleaning each other's houses! :) Wait...that would only be fair if you had a small house like us.

I'm glad you're feeling the love of your friends! What a blessing!

P.S. You're not one of those people who clean before the cleaning lady arrives are you?!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It was funny because Rosana was running around wiping everything down with a wipee. I found out that I am supposed to have a bucket and sos pads though. I don't know if I ever had sos pads. Is that what I am supposed to clean the bathroom with?

Anonymous said...

I could not survive without my friends. I have been so blessed in every phase (or location) of my life to have wonderful friends. Since we moved to Spokane my best friends have lived right on my block. It is great, too, when family members are friends. No matter how far away they live, there is a special bond that continually grows stronger as we go through life.
No one has ever hired a cleaning lady for me though. I can see I have been missing out.